In this podcast series, I sat down with the top writers from SF, LA, and NY to learn how they create great content.
You’ll be hearing their insights on attributes of the high-quality content.
This is a part I of a 10-Part Series.
In this episode, we hear from:
- Joe Escobedo @ Forbes
- Garrett Ruiz @ BlueJeans
- Riddhi Shah, Alum @ Medium and HuffPo
- KC Karnes @ CleverTap
- Alisha Paulsen @ Workday
Here are some of their top insights:
What are the attributes of high-quality content?
- High-Quality content should either educate or entertain your audience, or both.
- You never really know if it’s good until it’s published and you get feedback from your audience
- Provides a solution
- Ask “What kind of additional insights or information would they want.”
- Informative and insightful
- Leads the user to the next place in the buyer’s journey
- High-Quality content is very intuitive. It’s a mix of art and science.
- New or insightful information
- For virality, it should produce an element of surprise and strong emotions
- Relevant and addresses current concerns from the audience
- Distinctive tone of voice
- Go Deeper
- Understand the nuance of nurturing the relationship for the long haul, instead of generating eyeballs and clicks.
- “Inch-Wide Mile-Deep” Mindset.
- Create unique content – informative and interesting.
- Grammar/Spelling errors or confusing sentences discounts the integrity of the piece