I had a chance to sit down with co-founders of Monicat Data. It’s the first time I chatted with experts at the intersection of data science and art, so I took a lot of notes.
What I learned:
- How to quantify art… This is the first time I heard some articulate it so well. A must listen for anyone who thinks Art cannot be quantified.
- How creative supporting organizations approach analytics
- Data Entrepreneurship learning lessons!
- Product Management – How is it done in Art Organizations!
- Covered tons of other topics – including my favorite – round of rapid fire questions!
About Monicat Data:
Jasmine, Cassie, and Kurt are co-founders of Monicat Data, a Data Management & Research agency specifically focused on bringing strategic data to Artists and Creative Supporting Organizations.
Since launching September of 2016, Monicat Data has aided creative organizations with data solutions ranging from notable names such as Springboard for the Arts, Rhymesayers Entertainment, Forecast Public Art. Fashion Week MN, The Bush Foundation and Mu Performing Arts–to name a few.”
Monicat Data also offers ‘Data for Art’ workshops to the Minneapolis/St. Paul in the efforts of educating artists and creative supporting organizations on the power of data organization and strategy implementation.
Jasmine has a background in marketing analytics and an MBA.
Cassie has a background in music, computer science, and art.
Both Jasmine and Cassie love working on data that makes people dream.
Fun fact about Jasmine & Cassie: Aside from running their data startup, Jasmine is an avid yogi and Cassie is an opera singer.